- Uganda’s number of COVID-19 cases is only 0.028% of the number of U.S. COVID-19 cases; and
- Uganda’s number of COVID-19 deaths is only 0.008% of the number of U.S. COVID-19 deaths.
How can that be, when Uganda is one of the poorest countries in the world, with a per capita GDP of $769 (37.8% of the population in 2012 lived on less than $1.25 a day) and a poor healthcare system.
This is why:
Uganda is afflicted with malaria, a disease caused by parasites that enter the body through the bite of a mosquito.
Malaria is common in Africa. In 2012, Uganda had the 6th highest annual deaths from malaria in Africa.
Hydroxychloroquine is a drug used to treat or prevent malaria — the same hydroxycholoroquine that:
- President Trump had taken to prevent getting COVID-19.
- Dr. Stella Immanuel said she had used, effectively, to treat her COVID-19 patients. A native of Nigeria, Dr. Immanuel is a physician at Rehoboth Medical Center in Houston, Texas. On July 27, 2020, with other medical professionals attending the America’s Frontline Doctors Summit in front of the U.S. Supreme Court, Dr. Immanuel spoke out against the current accepted COVID-19 treatment and the need to wear masks. She said: “In the past few months, after taking in over 350 patients, we [Rehoboth Medical Center] have not lost one. Not a diabetic, not somebody with high blood pressure, not somebody with asthma, not an old person. We’ve not lost one patient.” (Heavy.com)
- But the video of Dr. Immanuel testifying to the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine was
taken downcensored by Twitter, YouTube and Facebook, and denounced by Bill Gates as “outrageous”. It just so “happens” that Bill Gates is developing a COVID-19 vaccine with German biotech company CureVac.
Here’s the banned video, thanks to Lagos Today and Heavy.com:Video Player00:0002:12
- Another physician, Dr. Harvey A. Risch, writes in Newsweek: “The Key to Defeating COVID-19 Already Exists. We Need to Start Using It”.
- Yet another physician, Dr. Brian C. Procter, also testifies to hydrochloroquine’s effectiveness against COVID-19.
- But hydroxychloroquine is denounced by two federal agencies:
There was a White House petition asking President Trump to sign an emergency executive order to allow over-the-counter (OTC) use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to protect against COVID-19. But the petition didn’t garner enough signatures. Link to petition here.
H/t Anon, Laura R., Harold Saive, Vivien Lee.